The Kids Ministry is Now Open for children ages 0-5th Grade.
The Kids Ministry - Birth through 5th grade is now open for both services and will maintain the same mask required and mask recommended guidelines. Therfore, only during the 9:30am service, we will require children ages 3+ to wear a mask. The mask is optional for the 11:15am service.
Health and Safety Protocols:
Check in Procedures:
- Floor markers on the carpet to promote social distancing.
- Parents will complete a COVID-19 Screening Questionnaire before child will be checked in.
- Temperature checks will be done for all servers and children. Anyone with a fever of 100 or higher will be asked to return to the Vzone another week.
- Vzone servers will provide touch free check-in.
- All Vzone volunteers are required to wear masks. As per CDC guidelines, masks are recommended for children over 2 years old, but not required.
Classroom Safety Guidelines and Protocols:
- Classrooms are disinfected every Saturday with an EPA-approved, safe, hydrostatic sprayer. All surfaces, toys and furniture will be wiped down with disinfectant before and after use.
- All soft fabric toys have been removed from the classrooms and the number of toys in each room has been greatly reduced.
- The child capacity in each room is reduced to 50%. There will be 2 Volunteers in each classroom, with the exception of the Nursery, depending on the number of infants.
- Tables and chairs will be distanced. The number of children at each table will be reduced.
- Hand sanitizer provided in each classroom.
- Children will use the Vzone restroom which is limited to 1 child at a time. The restroom will be disinfected after each use.
- Volunteers will use gloves for diaper changing. Changing tables will be disinfected after each use.
*Because COVID-19 Symptoms are common to many other illnesses, we ask all our families and volunteers to follow this guide if any symptoms of illness occur. Any child displaying any of the symptoms listed below will not be permitted into the Vzone. If a child shows these symptoms in the classroom, the VK Volunteer will notify the parents and be asked to return home. They will be allowed back into the Vzone when they no longer have symptoms.
COVID Symptoms include:
Fever (100 or higher) New loss of taste or smell Chills
Cough Congestion or runny nose Muscle pain
Shortness of breath Nausea Sore throat
Headache Vomiting Diarrhea